TEDxAarhus (“TEDxAarhus” / “we” / “our” / ‘us”) is a voluntary, non-profit organisation which exists to share great ideas through inspirational events, short talks and social media, and while doing so is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy if you decide to attend our events or opt into any communications with us.
Please read the notice below carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding how we will collect and process your personal data when you engage with us.
We may store cookies in your browser to remember your preferences on our website. These cookies do not contain any personal data.
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
HOW WILL TEDxAarhus COLLECT MY PERSONAL DATA?
We will collect personal information from you when you engage with us via the following channels:
- our website: contact forms and direct email links to @tedxaarhus.com email addresses. This includes information provided at the time of requesting goods, services or information from us.
- our e-newsletter (requires you to sign-up, is administered via Mailchimp)
- our social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram.)
- our direct emails to you when you purchase tickets for a TEDxAarhus event
- your attendance at TEDxAarhus events or other events / venues where we present or hold events and socials
- your participation in volunteer activities in support of TEDxAarhus
WHY ARE YOU COLLECTING MY PERSONAL DATA AND HOW WILL YOU USE IT?
We will only collect and process data about you if there is a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under data protection law.
In practice this means we collect and process information such as your contact details (your first name, surname and email address) in order to keep you informed about our events, projects, ticket sales and community news, and to ask for feedback about our events.
If you opt-in to receive our e-newsletter, the communications will include features on our speakers and events, the wider TED.com and TEDx community, topics we think you’ll be interested in, and information about the local and national partners who we work with to create TEDxAarhus events. You can unsubscribe from the TEDxAarhus e-newsletter at any time.
TEDxAarhus does not collect any financial data about you. However when you purchase tickets through our external ticketing partners, you may be asked to provide information about yourself including your name, contact details, address, order details and payment information such as credit or debit card information. All payment details are handled by our ticketing partners, however other personal information may be passed back to us to help us understand our delegated better and improve our events.
HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP MY PERSONAL DATA?
We will not retain your personal data for any longer than we think is necessary. The information that we collect will be retained for as long as needed to fulfil the activities outlined above.
We will securely erase your information where we no longer require your information for the purposes it was collected, and/or if you ask us to erase it from our records (see contact information below).
WHAT ABOUT THIRD PARTIES – WILL YOU SHARE MY DATA WITH ANYONE ELSE?
TEDxAarhus will not share your data with Third Parties except in these circumstances:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- TED.com grants our TEDxAarhus operational licence and in doing so requests that all TEDx events send a short feedback form to their delegates after each TEDx event. If you attend a TEDxAarhus event, we will share the basic contact details you provided (your first name, surname and email address) with TED.com for the purposes of sending out this feedback form. We will never share any sensitive data (such as ethnicity, DOB, gender or financial details) but TED.com may ask you to provide further details in order to research our audience profile.
- Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our suppliers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
HOW WILL YOU PROTECT MY PERSONAL DATA?
TEDxAarhus follows a strict data processing policy, in order to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at any time at the address below.
- You have the right to ‘erasure’ – to ask us to delete any information we hold about you. You can unsubscribe from our e-newsletter at anytime.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Datatilsynet, Denmark’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights, should you feel your data has not been handled in accordance with this policy and current Data Protection laws. You can do this here.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to access certain information held by us about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Please contact TEDxAarhus at the address below if you would like to access the personal information that we hold about you.
- 25 February 2020: Added section on website cookies.
- 20 February 2020: Updated contact information.
- 07 June 2018: Initial version posted.